Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Year News!

Hello friends!

It has been so long since I have posted an update, and there is so much to say! At the start of this New Year I am energized by the new works that I see the Lord doing here in Mexico and in believers all around the world! My time spent at my Michigan home was blessed with encouraging conversations with friends and family and it brought joy to my heart to know that although God gives each of us to very different tasks, the calling on our lives is the same. Our calling is to seek, trust and surrender to the One True Living God with all that we have and give glory to His name in all that we do. This year I have been blessed with the task of being a missionary teacher with Back2Back. Throughout my life I know that my task will change, my location will change and my school will change, but my calling will never waver. The calling is more important than the task. I am called to live with full adandonment, surrendering total control of my life to Jesus Christ.

As I have begun seeking the Lord about what task he has for me next, I have come to a big decision. I am thrilled to say that I have committed to another year teaching at the Sierra Madre Christian Academy! Just typing it fills me with excitement!! We are still working out all the details about what the school will look like next year, but I do know that I will have grades 4-8 (without 6th graders) and I will be taking over Social Studies and Science (which were taught by Hope this year), as well as contining with the other subjects that I currently teach. It will be a bigger load than I currently have, but I am confiedent that with God's strength and creativity, your prayers, and alot of grace, I will be able to take on the challenge!

Something else that I have been praying about is spending some time in Nigeria this summer. My heart feels pulled in that direction and I believe that I just need to go and see what the Lord will do in my heart while I am there. I will be able to check out a school, experience what it would be like to live there, and serve in a village that Back2Back works in. I am hoping to be there for the month of July. Please pray that I can find a good deal on a flight, and that all the details for the trip will come together smoothly. Getting the shots and visa that I need is more difficult than I expected since I have to do it all from Mexico. But praise God that he is more powerful than these little obstacles!

I am so thankful for your continued prayers and support in 2010! God is using your partnership in mighty ways and my heart is forever grateful!

With Joy,

Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Amen, Sister! Amen! Jesus is it...the way, the truth, and the life. Your note brings me to tears because of the sheer magnitude of the truth there! Blessings as you live out your calling. What an awesome place to be...directly in His will. WooHoo! Go God! All His love from our hearts.

    ReplyDelete