Thursday, April 1, 2010

Baking for the Lord

Every morning my students and I start the day off with a time of prayer. Earlier in the year we began the tradition of praying for other missionaries around the world. I have friends serving in countries all over the world and I wanted to use their stories to show my students things that God is doing in other parts of the world.

One morning, after praying for the audio Bibles that are being distributed in Mozambique (asmtoday.org) my students said, "Miss Jessica, what else can we do to help?"

After a couple days of brainstorming, we decided to have a Bake Sale to raise money to buy more audio Bibles so that the people in Mozambique can have the opportunity to hear that Word of the Lord in their own language. We partnered with a local church and planned the have our sale after their service one Sunday.

To prepare for the sale, my students went door-to-door and asked each staff woman if they would like to contribute a delicious treat for the event. I am so proud of all of the hard work that my kids put into the preparation and how excited they were to be doing something to help people on the other side of the world.

When the day of the sale arrived, we headed to the church to set up for the sale. We had so much fun sharing our purpose with the people at the church, practicing our Spanish and selling out of everything that we brought! Praise the Lord for all the money that was raised! My students raised enough to send 5 audio Bibles to Mozambique! Go kids and go God!


Setting up for the sale...


Working Hard...
Having Fun...

Sneaking a treat...

No comments:

Post a Comment