Thursday, April 22, 2010

Triple Threat!

They can sing... they can dance... they can act... that's right, they are the SMCA Kids!

Have I mentioned that I am doing a musical this year? Yep, that's right! Me and my cast of 7 talented elementary kids have been diligently working on the first ever SMCA Musical! The kids prepared for auditions in early March (don't worry, no one was cut!) and then we hit the ground running. Well, I don't know if running would be the right word because in our first rehearsal I quickly realized that I did not have any idea how to teach a choir! Thankfully my cast was so excited that they didn't even notice that I had no idea what I was doing! So as I learn how to direct and conduct and choreograph, my cast enthusiastically does what I request and we are dancing and singing our way to a spectacular show (hopefully)!

What musical are we doing, you may ask? Here are a few of the songs... let's see if you can guess...

"Conjunction Junction, what's your function, hookin' up words and phrases and clauses..."
"Interjections show excitement and emotion, they're generally set apart from a sentence by an exclamation point or by a comma when the feeling is not as strong."
"There's a great new craze that sweepin' the nation! Come on, do the circulation!"
"Interplanet Janet, she's a galaxy girl, a solar system miss from a future world..."

Or maybe we should unpack some adjectives? This show will ROCK! Because it is...

SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK LIVE! JR.
We perform on Thursday, May 13th! I hope to see you there! :) Ok, I know that is much to far for you to travel, but I will try to post some video of the show after we perform! In the meantime, I ask for your prayers. There is alot to get done before opening night- lines to memorize, dances to learn, scenes to block, sets to paint, costumes to creat... the list goes on! Please pray that it will all come together and be a wonderful experience for these students who have worked so hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment