Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fall Fun!

I have lived in community for so long now, that I think at times I take it for granted. I went straight from the Cornerstone community to the B2B community, so this type of living has always felt so normal to me. At any time in the day I can walk outside my door and there is someone to talk to. At times throughout the week we gather for worship, small groups, community dinners, exercising or games. Sometimes it is easy for me to feel overwhelmed by all the events on the calendar, but at the end of the day I truly love community living. One of my favorite B2B community traditions is the annual SMCA Fall Festival that we had last night!

The evening always consists of Fall treats, cider, hay rides, games and bonfire, the kids trick-or-treating around the campus, and of course, costumes! Since the Fall Festival is really for the kids, the other single ladies and I tried to think of a costume that all the kids would appreciate, and one idea rose about all the others... High School Musical!

Yes, we say it is for the kids, but we love dressing up just as much as they do! Here are all the single ladies in our HMS costumes... can you guess who is who?


Sweet girls! Claudia is a fairy, Sofia L. is a ballerina and Sofia P. is an Indian.

And Here is Mark, Luke and Josh... boys will be boys!

Part of the staff dressed up and ready for fun!

One last shot of the High School Musical crew!

It was a great night! And I am happy to report that today at school my students were relatively calm considering all of the sugar that we filled them up with!

I hope that you are enjoying Fall as much as we are! I do miss the beautiful colors of Michigan and my family's annual Fall Color Tour up the coast, but I am thankful to be where God has me right now.

Thanks again for your prayers and support!

Joyfully,

Jessica




No comments:

Post a Comment