Friday, January 21, 2011

Around the World and Back Again

I by no means have traveled around the world in the last month, but Christmas break had its fair share of plane rides, so I still thought the title could work! It was so wonderful to be home and spend time with family and friends, then we jetted off to Kauai for a family vacation! What a blessing that time with my family was! Family, if you are reading this... I MISS YOU!!

Before I dive back into what's been happening in Mexico the past two weeks, I want to post a few pictures from Christmas because they are too beautiful to ignore.

This was certainly a Christmas unlike any other!
Waves on the beach...

A glorious sunset...

This has to be one of the most beautiful places in the whole world. The road to get there is treacherous, but the reward is well worth the car sickness... I feel like there has to be a spiritual analogy in there somewhere! :)

A double rainbow! Can you find the faint second arch to the right of the first one? Stunning!

I hope that 2011 is off to a great start for you! I am now back in Mexico... missing the beach but thrilled to be back with my kiddos serving in the place that God has me right now! This weekend I'm planning to do a few posts on what we have been up to in SMCA, but I wanted to begin the year by showing off God's glorious creation! He is mighty, powerful, creative and sovereign. This message is proclaimed in every wave that crashes, every rainbow that streaks across the sky, every sun that dips below the horizon... even in every snow flake that floats to the ground (friends north of the boarder, that one is for you!). I praise the Lord for his creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment