Sunday, May 23, 2010

He's Got the Whole World...


This sunset the other night reminded me of how mighty and powerful our Lord is! He is the Lord Most High, our Creator, and he has everything under control. He paints the glorious sunsets, gives strength to the weary, provides for our needs and cares about the small details of our lives. I praise him for being in control so that I don't have to be. Many months ago I presented you with some prayer requests and although I have not been faithful in keeping you updated, the Lord has never ceased to be faithful in answering. So since the Lord has answered, I can't help but share of his goodness and faithfulness!
Update #1: Grad school.
In Janurary I asked that you would pray for guidance as I begin looking into various Masters degrees that I felt I shoud pursue. Well, I am excited to report that I am ofically a student in the Global & International Education program at Drexel University. What a challenging, rewarding, stressful adventure this has been! I am almost finished with my first quarter and my mind is overwhelmed with all of the new information that I am learning. I can honestly say that I love being a student again, although the transition was more difficult than I expected. The intense work load caught me by surprise. I remember many days back in April when I had to literally stop every 30 minutes and pray for focus, clarity, understanding and peace. I had taken on teaching, grad school and directing a musical and I realized that I could not do all of these things in my own strength. Praise the Lord for his continual grace and provision. Now the musical is over, my year of teaching is coming to an end, my position paper is written and I can look back and know without a doubt that it was God that pulled me through!
Update #2: Nigeria.
The process of preparing for my July trip to Nigeria has been an adventure in itself! Cancelled flights, credit card issues, visa confusion, oh my! Thankfully all of that is behind me now and I am happy to report that my passport is once again tucked safely in my apartment with a very cool looking Nigeria visa sticker! I will be leaving July 2nd and returning July 30th. I ask that you would begin to pray for safe travels and that God would open my heart to the things that he has planned for me while I am there. As the trip draws closer I will keep you posted with more details about what I will actually be doing while I am there.
I thank you for your prayers and your continual support! There is power in prayer! So please continue to present your praises and prayers before the Lord. He hears, he knows, he cares!

2 comments:

  1. May the joy of the Lord continue as your strength. We sure love the story He is weaving in your life.

    All our love, Dad and Mom xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is beth and I stumbled upon your blog because I have recently been reading Reckless Faith by Beth Guckenberger. I have been so blessed and encouraged to see other young women who have the same heart and passion as I do! I taught for a year at an orphanage in Reynosa and have not been the same since then. God is calling me back there, I'm just waiting for the right timing. I will check in on your blog periodically....it's so awesome how God is using you! The joy of the Lord is your strength!!

    ReplyDelete