Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Adoption

I just wanted to take a moment to share some exciting news!! I just read my dear friend Corrie's blog and found out that Little Mary has been adopted!! Little Mary was one of the children that I was blessed to meet when I was in Nigeria over the summer. She lived at OLA and absolutely captured my heart. I am bursting with joy at the thought of this sweet baby girl being loved and cared for by a family of her very own. Praise the Lord!!

The thought of adoption has been on my heart more than usual lately. It is the desire of my heart to adopt one day, and every time I hear an adoption story my eyes can quickly well up with tears of joy. I know it is not easy and I have the utmost respect for those of you who have adopted, are in the process of adopting, or have helped others to adopt. My prayers are with you and I pray that God showers you with his blessings. Adoption is the heart of God. I truly believe that, and I see it in my own life. I have been adopted into God's family and that means that I have gone from the "orphanage" of fear, slavery to sin, uncertainty, and death- to the "mansion" of freedom, joy, security and life. Life is not perfect, it is not easy, but I am never without the love of my Heavenly Father. Adoption is at the heart of the Gospel message.

Romans 8:15
"For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received a Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, 'Abba, Father'."

Because I am adopted as a child of God...

I am forgiven, redeemed and beautiful.
I can call on God at any time.
I am his heir and co-heirs with Christ.
I have the Holy Spirit and His power is at work in my life.
I am never alone.
I do not have to fear being alone.
I can trust the Lord with my future.
I don't have to try and prove myself or gain approval from others.
I am freed from fear of death.

=Romans 8:14-17=Galatians 3:22-23=Galatians 4:1-7=Hebrews 2:10-15=

Right now Little Mary is getting a taste of this freedom and love through her earthly adoption, but I pray that one day she will also experience the ultimate adoption into the family of God!

4 comments:

  1. I meant to tell you and Ruby about the adoption and I am sooo excited for her, but boy was she cute and full of life. I miss her. Miss you too and I loved this blog about being adopted into the family of God. Amen!

    Side note: cute background!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, what a beautiful post with such wonderful news! So very happy for Mary and her family!!! Thank you for sharing those verses too- I love the way you write from your heart. =) Hope you are doing well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you have your Dad in tears.

    Love you very much, your teary eyed Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is it that you have a heart to adopt! I love it. Thank you for the beautiful reminder that we were all adopted.....Rejoice in the Lord that we are free from the bondage of fear and sin. What a mighty God we serve that gave up HIS only son for us! That is a story of true love. Thank you for your obedience to serve the orphan - you are making a HUGE difference! Love your heart - stay strong in the Lord sister.

    ReplyDelete