Saturday, May 21, 2011

3...2...1...

BUNGEE!!

So I did something a little out of the ordinary... I went bungee jumping! Bungee jumping was never on my list of things to do in my lifetime. The thought of it completely terrified me, which is odd because I have always wanted to go skydiving. I think the difference is that with skydiving I would be strapped to a professional and not on my own. Well, when the opportunity arose last week, I knew that I had to step up, face my fear and go for it. And let me tell you, it was well worth it!

Getting strapped in... I hope those ankle harnesses hold! :) You know that nervous pit that settles in the stomach? Yep, I was feeling that!
Eeeekk! This is where the man shouts, "3...2...1... BUNGEE (insert jumping off here)!"

I'm flying! What an incredible feeling!

Coming back up! Phew! I made it... but my hair tie wasn't so lucky! :)

And three minutes later, it is all over. That was incredible! You can't tell in this picture, but I was still shaking! Fear conquered! Woo hoo!
Group shot:
Well, that was honestly something I never thought I would do. It just goes to show that you never know what a day might bring. We drove up the mountain to see a water fall and I ended up jumping off a cliff. What a day!

3 comments:

  1. what an amazing and terrifying experience! I can't wait to hear more about it when you get home soon! Love you Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you did this. So cool to go out of our comfort zone and stretch. Just wish the hair tie did not have to make such a sacrifice.

    Love you tons, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe it!! Well done my dear friend, well done!

    ReplyDelete