Saturday, May 7, 2011

Colors of Mexico: La Boda de Tere & Jorge

After our morning in Pachuca, we were finally ready for the wedding! It was such a beautiful night! Tere was stunning, the food was incredible, the dancing was phenomenal! All in all, I just can't get over how fun Mexican weddings are!

Smooch!

Tere (the bride) and her family. They are all B2B staff (or were at one point), and I love all these people so much! Such a wonderful family!

A quick snap with the bride and groom!

All the B2B girls that came out for the celebration! I'm so thankful that I could be there!
Jorge surprised Tere with a Mariachi band! It was so sweet!

Tere's cousin is a sala dancing teacher, and I had a blast salsa dancing the night away! I know that I have done years of ballet and tap... but I think I am really a salsa dancer at heart! :)

Here's to a fantastic evening!

Before I go, I just have to share this sweet story: After the Mariachi came out, Antonio (the father of the bride) sang a mariachi song to Maru (mother of the bride). This was the same song that he sang to her on her 15th birthday when he won her heart. She had been dating someone else, but Antonio knew that he had to try to win her over, so he surprised her with a mariachi group on her 15th birthday and sang this love song to her. Right then and there the boyfriend said, "I can't compete with that, you need to be with him." So the boyfriend left, and Antonio and Maru have been together ever since! Now, all these years later, he still gets tears in his eyes when he sings to his bride. I just think that is so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment