Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Colors of Mexico: Real de Monte

This might just be my favorite town in all of Mexico! Real de Monte is a small mining town nestled in the mountains. The brightly colored buildings, music flowing through the streets, and warm, sunny weather made me feel like I was transported to another world. I loved spending the afternoon here, and I think I would have been content to stay forever and spend the rest of my days skipping through the streets, reading books by the fountain, and eating juicy blackberries from the street vendor! Mmm hmm, doesn't that sound delightful? :)

The town from a distance...
Lots of delicious treats to buy on the streets! I bought 2 pounds of blackberries for less than a dollar and they were wonderful!



Pretty little town square...

Flashback to mining times... here is what our B2B staff would look like! :)

How could I not love a town that had bubbles in the streets?! Like I said, this is my kind of town! :)

Yummy tacos!


Live bands lined the streets and played all afternoon!

Town square again... so cute!

This street was the icing on the cake (and I am a girl who loves icing)! I might have let out a little squeal of joy when I saw it! I find it to be perfectly delightful.
This whole town made me feel like I was living in a musical!
So, what did Real de Monte teach me? That life is better with background music, bubbles and vibrant colors! But to be honest, I've known that for a long time! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the memories you are creating and enjoying each moment. Cannot wait to see you once you are stateside.

    ReplyDelete