Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cathedrals & Chipinque

It has been a fun weekend! Last night we decided to beat the heat (it has been pushing 100 degrees everyday) and grab some ice cream! We usually hit up "The Garage" which is the man near the running park who sells delicious sorbet ice cream from his garage... I'll have to get some picture of that soon because it is a unique treat! But instead of that, we opted for a more a more traditional route and went with good 'ole Helados Sultana.



Today Caroline and I decided that we wanted to do something new in Monterrey! So we pulled out the random Northern Mexico Guidebook (circa 1994) that we found in the apartment and decided to go on a tour of the cathedrals throughout downtown Monterrey. We felt like we were tourists in Europe and it was delightful!




After the cathedrals we headed up the mountain to hike Chipinque, one of the mountain peaks surrounding the city. The day was a bit hazy, but still got some great views of the city and the mountains!


This is The M, one of the 3 mountain peaks that Monterrey is famous for...

Hiking buddies...

Like I said, it has been a highly enjoyable weekend so far. I am trying to make the most of every moment of the time that I have left here... which is only 2 months! I have lived here for almost 2 years and yet I feel like there are still so many things that I have not seen in the city! I plan on having many more posts in the next 2 months to chronicle my final adventures in Monterrey! :)

Buenas Noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment