Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Power Outage

(Insert sigh of contentment) Oh how I do enjoy power outages and Farmer's Market scented Yankee candles!

Today was a hectic day of running around my classroom, teaching puddle-jumping choreography (complete with umbrellas) to "Singing in the Rain" at musical practice, followed by a round of parent-teacher conferences. When I finally got home I discovered there was a power outage (yessss!). Do you know what that means? Guilt-free nap time! Woo hoo! Since there was nothing else that I can do, I headed to my room, lit some candles, did a bit of reading and then took a nap. It was delightful. I know power outages can be inconvenient, but since we have them often, I have learned to make the most of them. :)


I hope that you are having a delightful day, and making the most of any powerless situation situation that you may find yourself in!

PS- Clearly the has power returned... and just in time for me to wake up and blog about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment