Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sneak Peak...

Today I spent the most wonderful late afternoon/evening at Casa Hogar ERJ. We celebrated the 8th birthday of Maria Luisa, and it was so special because it was the first birthday in her entire life that anyone had ever celebrated. It breaks my heart to think that this sweet 8-year-old had never had a birthday party. That is not the way children are supposed to grow up. Tonight it was such a gift for me to see the biggest, brightest smile plastered on Maria Luisa's face. She felt loved, celebrated and special. That is how children are supposed to feel everyday- especially on their birthdays!

I can't wait to tell you all about ERJ and the celebration! However, it will have to wait until tomorrow, because the internet keeps going out and my pictures will not upload, and there is no way that I can tell anymore of this story without letting you see our precious Maria Luisa for yourself!

For now I'll leave you with a little sneak peak of my new friend Jose and I at the party...

Hasta Manana (until tomorrow)...

1 comment:

  1. hi there! I just sent you a message... hopefully you will get it!!

    ReplyDelete