Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ode to JessiCake


I would like to ask for a moment of silence to mourn the loss of JessiCake.

(Insert Silence Here...)

(Insert More Silence Here...)

This fabulous cake shop with an even more fabulous name has closed its doors. Although I never technically had the opportunity to frequent this establishment, I would drive by it at least once a week and it would bring a smile to my face and joy to my heart. I mean seriously, its name is my name combined brilliantly with my favorite thing to eat! It delighted me! I may have to change my blog title to JessiCake. Ok, so I am not going to take it quite that far, but I am sad that JessiCake closed. It was on my list of places to visit before I leave Monterrey. I am beginning to think that the closing of JessiCake is a sign that my time in Monterrey has come to an end. All right, all right, I am taking this a bit too far. But seriously, the moral of the story is: If there is a cake shop that speaks to your heart, do not wait another moment! Get in your car (or borrow a staff vehicle) and get yourself a cake!

"Let them eat cake!"

Oh, Marie, how I wish I could... how I wish I could...


Disclaimer: Please do not judge me for my love of cake.
PS: I just discovered that JessiCake is online! All hope is not lost!
PPS: Mom, my delight in JessiCake does not diminish my love for Arnie's Bakery. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment