Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dress Shopping in Nigeria

Buying a new dress here in Nigeria, like most things in Nigeria, is not as quick as one might think. Although it may not be as simple as popping into Target or the mall, trying on a few options and making a purchase, it is a lot more fun! For the steps of dress shopping in Jos, we are headed back to Gidan Bege, the widow's ministry that I shared about last week!


Step 1: Pick out your fabric... so many beautiful choices!!


I decided to go with this lovely blue fabric. Here I am with Sasa, Dress Maker Extraordinaire!


Step 2: Create your design!

Again, so many choices! I was looking for something that I could wear while still in Nigeria, but that would also be good life in Mexico and in the US.

I explain to Sasa what I have in mind. She draws a quick sketch and I love it!!

Step 3: Getting Measured


Step 4: Wait... :)

...................

Step 5: A perfect fit!


After a week I returned to Gidan Bege to try on my dress! It was well worth the wait!


Step 6: Accessorize!

While out in town I bought a beautiful necklace to go with the dress!

Step 7: Enjoy! :)


The completed look before heading out to the "African Luau" themed staff dinner! :)

1 comment: