Sunday, July 18, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

I am happy to report that we have made it safely back from Abuja! Praise the Lord for clear weather and safe travels.
~~~~~~
I have had some questions about the weather here in Jos, so today I am pulling on my galoshes and my rain coat to give you an updated weather report. There is 100% chance of rain today and there will be tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day... It is the rainy season and therefore each day around 3pm the rain comes in. It is like clockwork, you could set your watch to it. Last week we were on our way to OLA, and 3pm was upon us. Like most afternoons, the rain began. Only this afternoon in particular was a bit different becasue within 5 minutes the traffic was at a stand still, the roads were flooded and it was hailing! Up to that point in my life, my picture of Africa did not include hail, but it seems that I still have alot to learn! I took some pictures from the car while we were waiting for the traffic to creep along. I would like to point out that 5-10 minutes prior to these pictures being taken the ground had been completely dry.








As I share about the daily downpours in Nigeria, I would like to remind everyone to continue to pray for the people in Mexico as they continue to recover from Hurricane Alex. Check out the Back2Back Blog for continued updates on the recovery in Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment