Monday, July 19, 2010

A World Apart

There have been a few moments over the past 2 1/2 weeks when I have felt very far from home. When I have smiled to myself and thought, "I'm not in Kansas anymore..." One of those moments was my trip to the hospital. (Don't worry, I was only a visitor and not a patient!) This was one of those experiences that made me realize once again how many blessings I have in the US that I often take for granted. Now don't think that I am trying to click my heals and get back home any minute sooner than I have to. At times this may seem like a different world, but it is a world that I am quickly growing to love!
********

Join me on a quick tour of the hospital. Most places would not have been appropriate to try and snap a photo, but I tried to sneak a few for you!

The Hallways...
The hallways are rather beautiful with all the greenery. You can't see it in the pictures, but the lawns are covered with people cooking and doing laundry. The hospital does not provide food for the patients, so family members camp out to care for and feed their loved ones.

An Operating Room... Anyone can enter at anytime and watch a surgery. Please note the laundry drying on the grass :)

The Maternity Ward...

Picture of the day: The Filing System...


Shelves much like this one are scattered throughout the entire hospital, and one can never be sure where their file will be located! Many people reccommed taking your file home with you so that it will not get lost.

So I am not in Kansas anymore... but that's ok, I'm happy to be right where I am! Let's just pray that I am not in need of an emergency surgery any time soon! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi!! I like the new blog look! How are things? I am praying for you and constantly thinking about my trip! Love, Ruby

    ReplyDelete