Saturday, February 19, 2011

Many Hands

Today I helped Becca and Rodo paint their new house. It was fun to see that with many hands the task seemed so light. Everyone tackled their own area and worked hard at their task and before we knew it the rooms were transformed from a chipped, scratched, dingy white to a soft buttercream and a vibrant red. Beautiful!

...You know that the nester in me wants to get back over there and decorate! :)

Anyway, the concept of 'many hands' has been on my mind a lot lately. It is one thing that I will really miss about living in this community- that there are always many people around to lend a helping hand. Also, we all have our specific roles, but are working toward the same greater purpose. Unity in the body of believers is truly a beautiful thing.

I know many more things could be shared about this, but I am wiped out. My head is stuffy and my body aches. I think I am fighting a nasty cold (insert sneezes and sniffles). I have been sitting in my bed attempting to put together coherent thoughts for the past 30 minutes. It is terrible that this is all that I could come up with this evening.

It's 9:34 on a Saturday... oops, now it is 9:40, I guess I spaced out for a bit there. I'd better post this, take some Nyquil and go to sleep!

Hasta Manana!

jb

1 comment:

  1. With your hands you change lives and reflect the love of Jesus.

    Love Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete