Monday, February 7, 2011

Marco Mania

Last week Ruby and I took the SMCA kids to The Marco, the contemporary art museum in downtown Monterrey!
We love art!

There was one exhibit that featured photographs of horizons from all around the world. All of the photos were displayed so that the horizons in each of them joined together to form one continuous horizon- symbolizing that we are all connected. The artist had hundreds of photographs and it was so fun to try and guess where various ones were taken! Overall an excellent exhibit, and fun to show my kiddos some different parts of the world!

After touring the exhibit, we had the opportunity to make some art ourselves! We made our own depictions of horizons...

... and then joined them together to make a (somewhat) continuous horizon line. The kids loved it- although it appears from the picture that they are going crazy from all of the culture that I am trying to open up to them! :)

Can you believe that it is already February? I meant to blog more in January, but the month was gone before I had time to blink! Ruby and I are trying to decide what the February field trip will be, but I promise to not wait for another field trip to blog!

Any great field trip suggestions? Monterrey has so much to offer and we love giving our students the opportunity to see the city and explore the vibrant culture that we live in. I always look forward to our field trips too. I am trying to enjoy every moment of my time here in Mexico and field trips are a great excuse to get off campus and explore somewhere new!

On a different note, I am thinking of doing a giveaway on my blog... stay tuned for future posts and a potential giveaway! :)

Happy Monday!

1 comment: