Wednesday, February 23, 2011

YOUsical

Today I had a meeting with the whole school (all 13 students!) for the Spring Musical! Last year we did "School House Rock Live, Jr." and it was a blast, exhausting, but a blast! This year I had a bit of trouble getting my hands on any of the scripts that I wanted, so I am trying something new... instead of a musical, we are doing a YOUsical! Ok, cheesy, I know, but I am loving it! I explained to the kids, "Kids, it is a YOUsical because YOU are going to choose the songs and YOU are going to write the script!" Wahoo! Let the fun begin!

Needless to say they are very excited, and so am I! I already have a general outline for the show and over the weekend I will go through their song suggestions and narrow it down to 7-10 songs that we will learn and choreograph for the show. I am really looking forward to beginning rehearsals and seeing all of the details come together. Since I already have one directing experience under my belt I feel much more confident about the whole thing then I did at this time last year.

I have a lot of work ahead of me, but it is a work that I truly love! It is such a blessing for me to be able to share with my students something that was such a big part of my life growing up. My memories of musicals and plays throughout school are so dear to me and I am honored to be able to give my students some memories that they will hopefully treasure for years to come. :)

On a different note, I am feeling 100 times better today! I praise the Lord for antibiotics and your prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment