Sunday, February 20, 2011

Secret Spot

As I mentioned yesterday, there are many perks to living in community. One of them is that there is always someone around to talk to. However, this can make things tricky when I want to sit outside in the glorious sunshine (it was 90 today!) and have some uninterrupted quite time. Well, on Friday I wandered behind the building to do laundry, and low and behold... there was a new bench placed serenely under the tree, far from the beaten trail. The moment I saw the bench I had visions of myself curled up in the quite of the afternoon with a good book. That didn't quite happen on Friday due to the Valentine and Cookie party with the CHD girls, but I tucked my vision of the bench away in my memory to be retrieved at the earliest convenience... which was today!

Ok, so that was a very long introduction, just to say that I found my new favorite spot on campus. Welcome to my bench...

And the simple pleasures in life,
like doing devotions in the sunshine...
A tasty snack of Humus and Pomegranate Crystal Light...
And some great music...
I'm currently enjoying the new Jesus Culture CD- thanks Becca! :)

So that was the highlight of my afternoon. This MI girl sure enjoys 90 degree weather in February! :)

This evening we had a whole campus cookout, so the ladies and I spent a chunk of the day prepping the pica de gallo, tortillas and guacamole. It reminded me of my summers on staff at UPBC- spending the days working and laughing in the kitchen with dear friends.

These are the days that I will miss when I am gone.

3 comments:

  1. Knowing how precious these last months will be, brings up the challenge to enjoy each day completely. Live each day with out regret. Hmmm, this same perspective applies to all, no matter where we live or what circumstance we may find ourselves. Each day is precious...drink deeply.

    Love you Dad amd Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing about your secret hideout. now it isn't so secret i guess. hehe. thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. let me know if you see any of my girls (with boys) tucked away on your secret bench;0

    ReplyDelete