Monday, February 21, 2011

Plans

My name is Jessica and I am a planner.

There.

I admit it.

I like to have a plan for the future... or at least a plan about when I can start planning! But learning to nest in the Lord means to stop focusing on my planning and start focusing on what is directly in front of me today. Today that meant downing cough syrup, filling my pockets with cough drops and Kleenex, choosing excitement, and celebrating the 100th day of school. I also wore a hat because Ruby and I decided that this week is going to be Spirit Week in SMCA and we started off today with Hat Day. Tomorrow is Jean Day- Wahoo!

So there you have it, I have planned a Spirit Week, I have planned what I am teaching through Friday, and I have planned to start the Spring Musical on Wednesday. That is all the planning that needs to be done in this moment. I am prepared for tomorrow... next year will work itself out in time. :)

So there are my rambling thoughts. Today I mainly wanted to share a passage from Sarah Young's book, Jesus Calling. In this book she is writing from the perspective of Jesus to us, his children. So as you read these words, imagine the Lord of heaven and earth speaking them directly to you heart...

"Let me prepare you for the day that stretches out before you. I know exactly what this day will contain, whereas you have only vague ideas about it. You would like to see a map, showing all the twists and turns of your journey. You'd feel more prepared if you could somehow visualize what is on the road ahead. However, there is a better way to be prepared for whatever you will encounter today: spend quality time with Me.

I will not show you what is on the road ahead, but I will thoroughly equip you for the journey. My living Presence is your Companion each step of the way. Stay in continual communication with Me, whispering My Name whenever you need to redirect your thoughts. Thus you can walk through this day with your focus on Me. My abiding Presence is the best road map available." (Exodus 33:14; John 15:4-7)

I love that. I wrote it out in my journal and it is something that I often go back and read. What a great reminder to let go of my own plans and expectations and seek to Lord in everything!

~ "The Lord will work out His plans for my life- for Your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever." Psalm 138:8

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Love your confession :-) I also LOVE Jesus Calling! Isn't it the best? Hope you feel better soon so you can enjoy spirit week!

    ReplyDelete