Friday, March 25, 2011

La Bandera

March field trip today. We took the kiddos to Obispado, which has the massive Mexico flag and a Bishop's house, turned fort, turned hospital, turned fort again, turned museum (we toured it). I like this spot. I hadn't been there in years, but it gives some great views of the city.

The flag is gigantic. It is a pretty amazing site to see.

I'm sleepy and there is not much else that I can think to say about it at the moment. I'll give you some pictures to enjoy...


Below you can see how little the people are and how big the flag is! It is enormous! It towers over the city...


It was nice that it was so windy today because the flag opened up nicely quite a few times.


Some of the kids sitting on a cannon, enjoying a snack before our tour of the fort.


Group shot on the steps of the fort.


Perfect day for a field trip! Too bad is was so foggy, so I didn't get any great photos of the mountains or the city. Oh well, perhaps tomorrow since I am going hiking!

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment