Monday, March 28, 2011

Life in the Blood

In science we are learning about the Circulatory System...

"There's a great new craze that sweepin' the nation! Come on, do the Circulation!
It starts with the heart what a great sensation! Come on, do the Circulation!
Out through your arteries, in through your veins, the heart pumps the blood, then it does it again..."

WOA! School House Rock Live flashbacks!

Bring it back in...

Anyway, the Circulatory System. It's what we are studying. We made a model of blood in class last week. It was complete with plasma, red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets. Check it out and see if you can identify the parts of the blood.




DIY:
Plasma = Corn Syrup
Red Blood Cells = Red Hots
White Blood Cell = White Jelly Bean (there is only one to show that the ratio of white blood cells to red blood cells)
Platelets = Sprinkles or Bone Candies

Happy Learning!

So, while I am on the topic of blood, I want to take a moment to share how this theme seems to be popping up all over the place, not just anatomy class.

In our blood there is life. "For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you on the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood by reason of the life that makes atonement." (Leviticus 17:11)

In the blood of Jesus there is eternal life. "God was also pleased to bring everything on earth and in heaven back to himself through Christ. He did this by making peace through Christ's blood sacrificed on the cross." (Colossians 1:20)

In my Bible study we were recently studying the blessings that are found in the blood of Christ...

Redemption (Romans 3:24)
New Life (Romans 6:11)
Eternal Life (Romans 6:23)
No Condemnation (Romans 8:1)
FREEDOM (Galatians 2:4)
Love of God (Romans 8:39)
New Creation (2 Corinthians 5:17)
Sanctified (1 Corinthians 1:2)
Abrahamic Promise (Galatians 3:14)
Every Spiritual Blessing (Ephesians 1:3)
Glorious Riches (Philippians 4:19)
Righteousness (1 Corinthians 1:30)
Heavenly Reward (Philippians 3:14)
Eternal Glory (2 Timothy 2:10)
Riches of His Grace (Ephesians 2:7)
Reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:19)
Justification (Galatians 2:17)
Holiness (1 Corinthians 1:30)
Resurrection (Ephesians 2:6)
One Body (Romans 12:5)
Forgiveness (Ephesians 4:32)
Salvation (2 Timothy 2:10)
Grace (1 Corinthians 1:4)
Sonship (Galatians 3:28)
Submission
Calling
Regeneration
Adoption
Perseverance
Glorification

These are the blessings and promises that you have if you are in Christ!

Often I have such a narrow view of what Jesus did for me when he died on the cross. Its easy to think that he died just so that my sins could be forgiven. This is true, but it is so much bigger than this. What Jesus did on the cross is big enough to cover all of my sins, failures, and accomplishments (so that I do not take the credit for them). His death says:

I am making the world right, I will defend you, I will help you, I am the LORD, I am faithful, I love you, your sins are forgiven, I died for you, you are my delight and joy, you are righteous, you are mine, everything I have is yours, I will never leave you.

In his blood is LIFE, LIGHT and POWER.

Amen and Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment