Saturday, March 19, 2011

Roller Coaster Rides

I love roller coasters. I love the thrill of the speed and the twists and the turns. I love being surprised by a loop and not knowing what is going to come next. Yet being on a roller coaster is still a controlled environment. I know when and where the ride will end up. I know where I am headed, even if there are some surprises along the way.

Life feels a bit like a roller coaster right now. There are surprises, twists and turns, and I have no idea what is coming around the next corner. There are many directions that the ride could take right now. I find comfort in the knowledge that the ride has already begun, the tracks are set, and the Lord is going ahead of me, preparing a place for me.

The analogy might need a bit of work, but you get the idea. I'm sure that you have felt the same why at one point or another. Right now I can easily feel overwhelmed by the big decisions that lie ahead of me. I was just flipping through the pages of my prayer journal, and I ran across a verse that spoke right to my heart and calmed my spirit.

"Do not be afraid, I've redeemed you. I've called you by name. You're Mine. When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you. When you're in rough waters, you will not go down. When you're between a rock and a hard place, it won't be a dead end-- because I am God, your personal God, the Holy of Israel, your Savior. I paid a huge price for you...! That's how much you mean to Me! That's how much I love you!" ~Isaiah 43:1-4 (The Message)

I don't read The Message version of the Bible very often, but I liked this passage. In my journal it was followed by Romans 8:31- "If God is for us, who can be against us?" AMEN!

Within the next couple of days I will be sharing about my time in Charlotte. It was wonderful! I love the city, the school, and the people. I am not in rough waters, and I know that this path I have taken is not a dead end (referencing the verse above), but it feels sort of like a roller coaster right now. Picking up and moving to Charlotte still seems like a big step for me. I am excited about all that is in store, but so many details up in the air makes my planner personality a bit anxious (thus the roller coaster analogy and the constant need to turn to the Lord and find peace in his Word).

Well, I hope this made sense. It seems a tad rambley, but I blame that on the 5 hours that I have spent so far in the Atlanta airport! I am now off to catch my flight back to Monterrey.

Tomorrow we have a staff women's retreat, so I will not be back until Monday evening, but then I will have lots of great news about Charlotte, as well as the retreat! Yippee!

Adios Amigos!


1 comment: