Tuesday, March 1, 2011

YOUsical Update

I have completed the YOUsical! Well, writing it anyway. Now comes the fun part of singing and dancing away our afternoons!

Today we had our first read through of the script, and it was SO much fun! I personally think the script is fantastic (I suppose I am a bit biased)! However, I was a bit nervous about whether my kiddos would be as enthusiastic. But ladies and gents, the poles are in and the script was a success. I could hardly get the kids to sit still during the read through because they kept jumping up and trying out dance moves and shouting out ideas for the different songs.

I don't want to give away all of the surprises in the show (just in case any B2B staff members are reading this), but I will give you the general plot overview, since I am so excited!

Plot: Two new stinters are moving to the B2B campus for a year. The current staff is welcoming them and sharing with them what they can expect throughout the year.


Song Selection: Some of the songs include-


“One Short Day”, Wicked


Tomorrow”, Annie


“Happy Working Song”, Enchanted


Be Our Guest”, Beauty and the Beast


“Singing In the Rain”, Singing in the Rain


“Thriller” by Michael Jackson


“Climb Every Mountain”, The Sound of Music


“Circle of Life”, The Lion King


“For Good”, Wicked


Each song ties into something about B2B, and I changed some lyrics so they are also more about B2B. Yep, that's basically it.


By the way, I think I had a prophetic dream on Saturday night, because I pretty much dreamed the plot of the musical. Strange, I know! I woke up in the morning thinking, "Yes! That's perfect! Where's a pencil?" Once the plot was laid out (as previously seen in the dream), I was able to easily fill in the songs. The whole thing came together in an afternoon! What a blessing! And here I was, worried that it would all be a bust! Praise the Lord for dreams and karaoke songs on iTunes...


I wish all of my wonderful readers in Blog Land could come to the show in May. I'll have to see about getting a video of it posted for you!


3 comments:

  1. I love that Wicked is represented twice, obviously it's the best musical ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible sweetie. This needs to be recorded for all to enjoy. See if that can be set up.

    Love you very Much! Dad and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I wish I could fly to Mexico and see the performance! This sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete